TARGIT is a privately-owned software provider founded in 1986 with its headquarters in Aalborg, Denmark. The company has close to 8,000 customers, most of whom are located in Europe and North America, while one-third are distributed across the rest of the world.
TARGIT aims to help businesses make impactful data-driven decisions by offering innovative software, industry insight and services focused on strong customer and partner relationships. TARGIT is positioned well for companies of all sizes requiring an all-integrated BI platform with vertical content.
TARGIT Decision Suite offers integrated self-service analysis, ad hoc reporting and dashboards with capabilities for batch reporting, mobility, slideshows and data mashups. Through a no-footprint web client, TARGIT provides capabilities to embed dashboard applications and visuals into other applications and web portals. The Document Model is intended to reduce the effort required to design content and make it available across all devices and output types.
The company offers a multitude of vertical solutions. The most prominent are those for manufacturing and retail, while niche solutions for heavy machinery, waste management, fleet management, medical billing, fashion design and apparel are showing traction as well. Providing not only a BI solution but also knowledge in the software remains a strong focus of TARGIT. The vendor continues to add verticals (e.g., airports) and predefined content to its portfolio. Moreover, its partner network is expanding. Partners also provide vertical solutions for different industries.
For several years, TARGIT has invested heavily in modernizing its solution. It began by reducing its dependency on Microsoft, enabling customers to access data sources other than Microsoft SQL Server. Now, an option to use its own in-memory database, as well as access to a number of additional data sources, has been introduced. TARGIT continues to work on enhancing its enterprise features by improving the deployment process and optimizing the UI/UX experience to enable designers to create dashboards, analyses and reports that are ready for easy consumption on large enterprise portals with better support for an improved cross-platform experience.
User & Use Cases
TARGIT Decision Suite is a true BI and analytics platform capable of serving scenarios such as dashboards/BI applications, standard/enterprise reporting, ad hoc query and analysis. Although it does not specifically focus on planning and budgeting, 54 percent of customers use it to create reports and dashboards on actual and budget data. This underlines the platform’s versatility.
TARGIT’s customer base is dominated by mid-sized companies. In this year’s survey, 68 percent of respondents came from companies with 100 to 2,500 employees. Overall, a mean average of 140 users per company use TARGIT, while the median is 70.
As a Danish company, TARGIT’s strongest market is Europe: 89 percent of the respondents to this survey came from Europe and the remaining 11 percent from North America. A detailed European split shows that more than half (58 percent) came from Northern Europe, with 27 percent coming from German-speaking countries and the remainder from Benelux and UK.
As TARGIT has historically been installed predominantly in accounts using operational software from Microsoft, and the software itself traditionally focused on the Microsoft SQL Server platform, Microsoft remains one of its biggest competitors.
Current vs. planned use
5 products most often evaluated in competition with TARGIT
Percentage of employees using TARGIT
Number of users using TARGIT
Tasks carried out with TARGIT by business users
Company size (number of employees)
Summary of TARGIT highlights
Customers seeking a solid BI & analytics platform that serves a range of usage scenarios and various user types may well find everything they need in TARGIT Decision Suite. According to customers, the main appeal of the product lies in its ‘price-performance ratio’ and ‘good coverage of BI/analytics-specific requirements’. Positive survey feedback about functionality in KPIs such as Dashboards, Distribution of Reports and Analyses and Ad Hoc Query demonstrate the breadth and quality of the suite’s feature set.
Competitive Win Rate – Top-ranked
Peer Group: Embedded Analytics Focus Peer Group: Midsize/Departmental Implementations
Price to Value – Leader
Peer Group: Report & Dashboard Focus
Product Satisfaction – Leader
Peer Group: Embedded Analytics Focus
Project Length – Top-ranked
Peer Group: Embedded Analytics Focus
Visual Design Standards – Leader
Peer Group: Midsize/Departmental Implementations
Want to see the whole picture?
BARC’s Vendor Performance Summary contains an overview of The BI Survey results based on feedback from TARGIT users, accompanied by expert analyst commentary.Contact us to purchase the Vendor Performance Summary